Get your friends together and enjoy what's left of the Great British summer, with a nautical themed party, complete with fiendish pirates, camp Navy crew and some sort of vessel. Split everyone in to 2 teams; one pirate, one Navy, and hire out boats for the day to recreate a scene Johnny Depp would be jealous of.
So grab your crew, man the deck and let's set sail on the good ship 'Party'; destination good times!
And remember, if anyone asks you why pirates are so pirate, just reply with "because they Arrrrggggghhh!"
Where the devil do I do that?
But I have nothing to wear!Guys and dolls are spoilt for choice when it comes to the nautical theme:
PiratesThe most obvious for any gentleman looking to dress as a pirate is Captain Jack Sparrow, but he can also keep it simple with a white top, cutaway shorts, an eye patch, bandana and a sword. You don't have to blow your loot to look the part. If you do choose to pay homage to Mr Depp, don't forget that eyeliner!
Get into Character
How to act like a pirate
- Develop a swagger and say you are testing out your sea legs; perfect for when you've had a few rums.
- Use the following words as much as possible 'matey, booty, savvy, loot, plank, scoundrel, plunder, arrrgh, shiver me timbers' Say them in a gravelly tone, as if you have smoked 40 cigarettes in one sitting.
- Sew a cuddly parrot to your jacket and look to it for inspiration; nothing says pirate like a polly on your shoulder.
How to act like you're in the Navy
- Stand to attention every time a fellow Navy man walks by you; the drunker you are the funnier it will be.
- Learn all of the words to 'In The Navy' by the Village People, and get everyone to join in.
- Use the following sayings as much as possible in conversation throughout the event 'above board, plain sailing, abandon ship, ahoy!, all hands on deck, aye aye'
But what shall we be called?If you're in the Navy you should be known as a Commander or Admiral, with each fellow ship mate writing down what they admire or what commands attention about the other person, making it as funny as possible. For example- if your mate is a loud mouth they would be called 'Commander Big Gob' Pirates can determine their funniest name with the Pirate Name Generator. I am now known as Cap' n Jackie Nastyscab. Yaaarrrrrr!
Pirate and Navy Party Playlists
Spotify is a digital music service that allows you to legally stream millions of songs. There's a free version so you can check it out but if you want to use it for your party you'll want the ad free version. We don't make any money from promoting this (though wish we could!), we just think it's great way of sharing music.